5 May 2008

Painting, painting and more painting

Guess that says it all really – that’s what’s been happening this last week or so. Walls, ceilings, staircase, doors and door frames. I swore many years ago that I would never do any more painting of houses. Famous last words – I think I’ve painted just about every place I’ve lived in since! It just isn’t one of my favourite jobs – let me loose in the garden any day.
I was actually feeling more than a little daunted about what was ahead of me – but a saviour in the form of my friend Caroline, from the village of Mailhac – came to my rescue. She kindly offered to come over and give me a hand and reckoned if we gave it ‘what for’, we’d break the back of it. What a star – she helped me every single day for a week – and we certainly got a whole lot done. Set up the old boom-box on an extension lead from the garage, played lots of music I hadn't heard for a long time and painted our hearts out. A great moral boost – merci mille fois to Caroline who helped me when I was feeling a little down.
So, all going well – I should be moving in within two or three weeks. Electricity has just been connected – I need to contact French Telecom to sort out the phone line.
Any day soon, plumbing will be complete and there will be water. Perhaps a couple of weeks is optimistic – but I don’t have far to move! And no rush as my first house rental isn't for a few months.

I don’t really have any different pictures of progress at the moment. The only difference since my last post is that the cardboard-coloured plasterboard seen in the photo above is now white. Well, actually I wish that was true – unfortunately it’s looking like most of the walls will need a third coat of white paint. Oh joy…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend! It has been a long time I do not take a look on your bytes and it is just amazing the progress you had achieved, and Caroline looks great painting made me remember when I was helping you! lol if you need some help with painting, you can count on me! lol
see you and congradulation your blog is just amazing!
see you
Thiago

Moving sideways

Future posts on Bize-Bytes can now be found on Facebook. Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bize-Bytes/895137113876897