At this time of year, there are numerous ‘foire au gras’ (Fat
Fairs!) held in the region, and yesterday for the first time I went to the one
held in Rieux Minervois. Lots of local produce to be had, and all types of christmas poultry – turkeys, capons (which I’m going to try this year) and duck. In fact the star of the show is the duck and the fois gras. I know its production is controversial, but it is still very much a tradition here and it was rather interesting to see the skilled butchers at work. Photos not for the squeamish...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moving sideways
Future posts on Bize-Bytes can now be found on Facebook. Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bize-Bytes/895137113876897
-
More photos can be found here . I can’t believe where all the time’s gone! Dare I say it – it’s countdown to Christmas. Since my...
-
Sunday in Limoux for one of the many days of the Fécos, the weather was amazingly fine and sunny. And yesterday in Bize we were snowed i...
-
It’s been a long time between posts! And while it’s not an excuse, the reality is that I have been on the move a bit lately …… I initia...
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment